- I officially said "Sayonara" to production office job life! I wrapped on my last gig and said "No" to any upcoming offers. It was scary, I tell you! But I did it! I committed to throwing myself completely into my acting career with all the magic that comes with it.
- I got to immediately jump from that to producing my good friend Matthew Van Vorst's short film, Zombied. We filmed for three overnights in upstate New York in a supermarket. It was a blast! And it's going to be an awesome, hilarious film. I can't wait until you can see it.
- Then, I celebrated my birthday by going up to Niagara Falls (and Canada!). What a gorgeous, inspiring place! It was a wonderful experience that I'll cherish for years to come.
- Even better, John and I completed our first draft of our screenplay, Kitsch! It's a tad bit long and we've got tons of revisions to do, but...we did it! Two years in the making. Wow. It's an accomplishment that I am extremely proud of. I'm excited for our next steps.
- Lastly, I rounded out the month by traveling down to Hot Springs, Arkansas to celebrate my niece graduating high school! It was a super fun family reunion, and my niece is really a remarkable young woman. She's spending her summer au pairing in Italy, then returning in the fall to double-major in English and Political Science. Wow, right?!
Plus, throughout the month I've been refining my goals, sparking my creativity with some new projects, continuing to do good work in my acting class, and making some solid plans for the future.
And -- the future is now!
June begins today, and I'm so pumped!
I'm recharged, prepped, and ready for action.
So here's to a Jovial, Jazzy, June!